More recently, I have trained in Antenatal Aqua Yoga. Apart from swimming, there’s very little else for pregnant women to do in terms of exercise which is not land-based.
What better way to enjoy feeling light again, whilst gently exercising and being able to relax too?
Antenatal aqua yoga has many benefits, including:
- Stretching and strengthening the spinal and abdominal muscles
- Gaining control of the pelvic floor so that you can relax them whilst giving birth
- Expanding your breathing capacity ready for labour
- Relaxing and releasing worries and fears prior to birth
- Helping to open the pelvis and hips ready for birth
- Meeting other like-minded mums-to-be
- And to tune in with your growing baby!
Classes are held at Warlingham School, Surrey at 8pm on Tuesdays.
**NEW pregnancy aqua yoga classes starting at Bickley Park School, Bromley on 16th September 2017 at 1pm.**
I am a certified Birthlight teacher in antenatal aqua yoga and postnatal yoga and I trained with Francoise Barbira Freedman’s tutors. Francoise pioneered the way in Aquanatal yoga, understanding the relationship between pregnancy, birth and the properties of water.